St. Philip Orthodox Cemetery was consecrated in the year of our Lord 2001, and is the only dedicated Orthodox cemetery in the Bucks-Mont area.
The cemetery offers single-depth lots consistent with the Orthodox Christian traditions in a beautiful, peaceful setting.
A Memory Garden, comprised of half-size lots, is also available for the remembrance of children lost through miscarriage.
A new Green Burial section is in development. Ask for details.
The park-like property also features a large Orthodox Cross and a central prayer area with benches, and is open from sunrise to sunset each day.
A Perpetual Care Fund provides for the ongoing care and maintenance of the cemetery grounds and roads, ensuring the continued beauty and serenity of the surroundings. (Tax deductible gifts can be made to the Cemetery for the further beautification of the property.)
Conveniently located off Route 309 in Souderton, Hilltown Township, the cemetery is easily accessible from anywhere in southeastern Pennsylvania and is only a short walk from St. Philip Orthodox Church.
- Orthodox Christians of any parish and their Christian spouses and children.
- Plot can only be used for burial of human dead.
- Cremation remains are not permitted.
- Flat markers or headstones (not to exceed 48 inches in height) are allowed on graves.
- Only flat markers permitted in Memory Garden.
- No mausoleums or statuary permitted on gravesites, and no non-Orthodox, fraternal or secular symbols allowed on markers.
- Care and maintenance of markers are the responsibility of the family of the departed.
- Gravesite: $1,000 per plot
- Memory Garden: $500 per plot
- Payment: payment is due in full at time of purchase.
- Burial costs are the responsibility of the family of the reposed.