At St Philip, each Sunday following the Divine Liturgy, coffee-hour is hosted for all those who are in attendance, and snacks are prepared for children attending Sunday school. The Coffee-Hour Team, Coffee-Hour Contributions and Sunday School Snack ministries are the backbone and essential to keeping Coffee-Hour running and providing snacks for Sunday School students.
Coffee hour provides food and drink directly following Sunday’s divine liturgy. Coffee Hour serves more than the purpose of filling rumbly bellies and satisfying caffeine withdrawal symptoms. It brings us together for fellowship and even a chance to evangalize.If you are looking for an opportunity to foster fellowship among our parishioners and guests, this may be the ministry just for you!
This ministry consists of teams of two or three people who are responsible for setting up, serving and cleaning up for coffee hour and Sunday school snacks on their assigned Sunday. As a member of this team you are not responsible for the providing the food/drink (to be provided by sponsor(s) or by pot-luck donations), but to help in the actual work of running a coffee hour. In the event the coffee hour is to be sponsored, the assigned coffee hour team for day would be assist the sponsor(s) in setting up, serving and cleaning up. We are always looking for new members to join this ministry - many hands make work light! Please contact Kendra Moody for more information.
Coffee Hour is Back! Coffee hour has resumed under some COVID-related serving constraints. For more information on how the process has been streamlined please check out the Coffee-Hour is Back handout
- Contributors/Sponsors are requested to provide the food and drink for around 150 and help in serving and cleaning up. All St Philip’s parishioners will be encouraged to sponsor(with the aid of the coffee-hour team) to support coffee hour.
- Our goal is to keep coffee-hour simple and snack-typoe foods should be served. REMEMBER FINGER FOODS FOSTER FELLOWSHIP and save the feasts for special occasions and donation luncheons, keeping them special.
- As needed, help in setting up, serving and cleaning up for coffee-hour.
- For now, under serving limitations, all food must be served. Although not required, individually wrapped/served food is highly recommended to aid in the serving process.
- Depending upon how your food is prepared, you may be asked to help out in the serving process.
- With the new stream-lined process, we have a ‘formula’ for coffee-hour and contributors/sponsors can now sign up for an entire coffee-hour if they choose a feast (a full meal as opposed to light refreshments), or pick and choose the slot.
Our new ‘formula’ for our stream-lined coffee hour:
[The assistance of the assigned coffee-hour team members for the day ] + [the help of any of the available contribution sponsors] +
[1 TO 3 'SWEETS' (100 - 125 servings)] +
[1 TO 3 'SALTY’ (100 - 125 servings)] +
[1 TO 3 FRUIT/VEGGIE (100 - 125 servings)] +
[1 TO 2 DRINKS (4 gal total)] +
[OPTIONAL ‘OTHER’ (this can be anything else you would like to contribute keeping mind it should be something that can be easily served - ie, soup, pizza put onto plates, little sandwiches ] =
ONE NEW AND IMPROVED STREAM-LINED COFFEE HOUR!!
As a coffee-hour contributor/sponsor you can signup for anywhere from 1 to all 12 slots on a Sunday. The choice is up to you!
How to Sign Up?
Whether you are interested in contributing and for just a portion, or an entire coffee hour or even a ‘feast’, you can sign-up posted on the Coffee Hour & Sunday School Snack bulletin board located in the hallway on the north-side of the Great Room.
Donations of juice-boxes & peanut-free snacks are requested throughout the school year. Donations can be placed on the kitchen counter designated for Coffee-hour & Sunday school donations.
For any questions, from signing up for coffee-hour to donating Sunday School snacks to joining the coffee-hour team, please reach out to Kendra Moody. Thank you all in advance for your generous contributions!